Emotional Support Animals. They’re awesome! As a holistic psychotherapist, my approach not only relates to my clients but also to pets, and life in general. My 3 1/2 year old Westie terrier is named Sammy. He is a Registered Emotional Support dog that frankly changed my life. When I say he changed it this was for the better!
I was like many new pet owners! I had been bombarded & brainwashed into believing in the need for excessive vaccines and convinced by my vet to use a particular brand of heart-worm medicine. One that I’m learning now can contribute to a poor immune system and even cancer due to preservatives and toxic chemicals. My Sammy was also vaccinated when he was just a few months old and neutered. Luckily, he is very healthy so far and has not had any health issues.
In a previous Blog entitled “Mateja Petje Verbal Abuse” I discuss some things which may be beneficial to you. Here is a link to that blog
Recently I watched a 7-part documentary series titled “The Truth About Pet Cancer” by Ty Bollinger. It was not a complete surprise what I saw, but it was very educational and eye opening nevertheless. Most of all, my suspicions were confirmed. It is the same as with treating my patients where the traditional medicine approach calls for the excessive use of medication instead of looking at root causes.
The Pet food industry business model as well as the pet medication and the vaccine providers are lead by profits. Their profit interests mislead many well-meaning pet owners to follow their veterinarian’s suggestions to over-vaccinate. Also to use heart-guard medication that contains Mercury and even Arsenic. So I wanted to include a few highlights and suggestions how you can improve your pet’s life and reduce the risk of cancer NATURALLY.
Emotional Support Animals-Natural methods
1. Try to stay away from processed pet food, such as kibble, which contains meat that has been contaminated and exposed to mold and then cooked and additives added. If you do buy kibble, buy organic and add fresh vegetables and eggs and flaxseed to supplement for poor nutrition. Make sure that you read the labels. Watch for toxic ingredients such as BHA, BHT, Glyphosate, and Melamine.
Also, give your dog the same water that you drink as tap water contains Fluoride which is potentially toxic. Dogs are supposed to eat species appropriate food which is meat and some vegetables (and not grains and corn).
Personally, I swear by Primal Raw Food and I also supplement it with greens and fish oil. As per Ty, in 2007 5 major pet food companies that control 90% of the market had to recall their pet food.
Use vaccines sparingly
2. Use vaccines sparingly. The issue is that many dogs are over-vaccinated. In addition to that the vaccines are “not titrated”. Which means they are the same dose for a 15 lb. dog or a 50 lb dog! Please talk to a holistic vet and find out if they test for anti-bodies. Based on that, most of the time vaccines will NOT be necessary. By law dogs are supposed to be vaccinated for Rabies. But even that is not necessary yearly. Every 3 years should be sufficient.
The side effects in dogs may include aggression, social phobia, and cancer. The same or similar poor side effects such as with vaccines which we administer to humans. Now they’re finding out for example that they may have contributed to increases in Autism. The only 3 vaccines to consider as suggested by the documentary include: Rabies, Parvovirus and Distemper.
3. Make sure your pet is not exposed to environmental toxins found in house cleaning products, pesticides (think lawn/grass), plastic containers (BPA), and even cheap toys and Wi-Fi. Another important issue is to use natural ways to prevent heartworm disease and flees/ticks. Living in Florida unfortunately we don’t get a break and until I watched these series I used brand name products, as recommended by the vet.
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMALS-NATURAL METHODS (cont.)
I learned that instead of potentially harming chemicals, there are a variety of options including essential oils (such as Cedar oil and D-Limone) and DE (Diatomaceous Earth.) It is suggested to add half of a teaspoon to one teaspoon to your dog’s food. Make sure you get FOOD grade DE. See when sprinkled on a bug that has an exoskeleton (such as bed bugs, ants or fleas) it compromises their waxy coating so that their innards turn into teeny tiny bug jerky.
But it doesn’t hurt mammals. We can eat it! It has plenty of uses even for humans. I also use another product to prevent heartworm disease it’s called HWF and is manufactured by Amber Technology. It was recommended to me by a holistic pet store owner who had been using this product with success for over 3 years straight with all her dogs.
4. If, unfortunately, your dog/pet has cancer, the same as with humans, the traditional approach such as surgery and chemotherapy has not proven to be successful. It ruins the immune system as it kills “good cells” in addition to cancerous cells.
More healthy suggestions for your pet
1. Music therapy, esp. 396 Hz 2. Laughter/play time/exercise 3. Add cancer fighting foods and herbs such as kale/spinach, blueberries, carrots, raw eggs, almond butter, medicinalmushrooms (and avoid grains, rice, corn, and soy) 4. Essential oils such as D-Limone, Lavender, and Sandalwood 5. Homeopathic remedies such as Thuja and Nosodes (speak with a doctor trained in Homeopathy) 6. CBD – Cannabis oil – the most potential compares to any other plant as it stops the growth of new cancer cells 7. Add supplements and herbs/spices including Turmeric and Fish Oil
Educate yourself about emotional support animals
The key is to educate yourself and ask questions. Many veterinarians, same as traditional medical doctors, do not have training in nutrition and rely on medication to mask the symptoms. Instead of looking at a whole picture and create an optimal environment for health.
Thank you for reading my blog! Much joy & success!
Contact Mateja Petje
I offer FREE 15 minutes complimentary consultation at 561-299-1028 or you can email me at matejastriglavatgmaildotcom
Mateja Petje Website & Office Location Office: 5301 N Federal Hwy, #380, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Boca Greenhouse Building, on US 1 just N. of Yamato Rd)