- 1 Mateja Petje Background
- 1.1 Holistic Psychotherapist ❤
- 1.1.1 Energy Medicine Practitioner & Healer
- 1.1.2 Heal from Trauma and Abuse
- 1.1.3 Mateja Petje Background-Early years
- 1.1.4 Trauma-Informed Therapist
- 1.1.5 Suffering from Anxiety and Depression
- 1.1.6 Mateja Petje Background- Academia
- 1.1.7 Mateja Petje Background- America
- 1.1.8 Mateja Petje Background- Family
- 1.1.9 Healing from Depression, PTSD
- 1.1.10 Mateja Petje Background- Education
- 1.1.11 Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development
- 1.1.12 Marriage and Family Therapy Degree
- 1.1.13 Holistic Therapy Services for Adults
- 1.1.14 Mental Health facilities in Miami-Dade/Broward County
- 1.1.15 Holistic Psychotherapy Mateja Petje- Blogs
- 1.1.16 Professional Life Coach
- 1.1.17 Mateja Petje Background- NLP
- 1.1.18 Emotional Freedom Technique
- 1.1.19 Reiki Level II Practitioner
- 1.1 Holistic Psychotherapist ❤
Mateja Petje Background
Holistic Psychotherapist ❤
Energy Medicine Practitioner & Healer
Holistic Coaching International Founder
This web page is called “Mateja Petje Background“. This will enable you to learn more about me & my background. Let me once again welcome you to my website. Please allow me to tell you a bit more about myself, my background, ideas, education and so much more.
Heal from Trauma and Abuse
I’ve always been interested in human relationships and how people heal from trauma and abuse. It’s exciting for me to tell you I’ve been helping people for over 20 years!
Whether as a teacher, director of educational programs, translator, counselor, professional life coach, published author, spiritual counselor, or as a healer.
Mateja Petje Background-Early years
My parents came from a working class family. Mom was a teacher and my father worked as a factory worker all his life. Tragically, my father died in an unfortunate hiking accident at age 52.
This was when I was in the US for just 3 months. His death really devastated me even though we’ve never really been that close to one another.
In Europe we were like many other families who had to deal with the legacy of PTSD after WWI and WWII. My family has had a history of substance abuse and violence which has extended over several generations. This was particularly true on my mother’s side of the family.
You see I’m a survivor of abuse and trauma myself. This abuse and trauma has really caused me deep emotional scars. However, I’ve been blessed to have had people around me who have helped me to heal emotionally. But this for me is an ongoing journey.
Suffering from Anxiety and Depression
Looking back I think that I believed that I was “too good” and I became a people pleaser early in my life. With this intuition I believe that’s why I became so tuned in to people’s emotions.
As a child I didn’t feel loved or appreciated, and I didn’t have a sense of security. Over the years I’ve also been in and out of relationships all my life. Over and over again, I chose the wrong people. As a result, I have been suffering from anxiety and depression all my life.
Mateja Petje Background- Academia
My “escape” and where I found solace was in my journaling, music, and in relationships. In my late twenties, after yet another painful break-up, my healing journey began in earnest.
My home country of Slovenia ❤️
This is where you would travel if you wanted to meet my family and learn more about my early years.