Neuro-Linguistic Programming. What is it and what are the benefits? See in my practice I had heard about Neuro- Linguistic Programming aka “NLP” a number of years ago. Several years later I had an opportunity to meet Dr. Yvonne Oswald. “Yvonne Oswald Ph.D. is the award winning, best-selling author of ‘Every Word has Power,’ now in eleven languages”
Aside from being a wonderful person she is a Master NLP / Hypnosis Trainer. Lucky for me I had attended some of her other training’s and was so impressed with her work that I decided to obtain my certification in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) as well.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming- Certification
In addition to the NLP certification, I also received certification as a Life Coach. I did this by utilizing her method of “mind magic” which really refers to using our words and language effectively.
Many times we are not aware how powerful we are. I believe that we are the creators of our life. Our thoughts are the ones that create our emotions, and as a result of that, we make certain decisions. You can change your mind with the speed of the thought.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming- Unconscious mind
Did you know that 95% or more of our beliefs and thoughts originate from our unconscious mind? That is the reason that sometimes we may have an intellectual understanding about things we want to change in our lives, yet we keep running into the same obstacles. Let’s discuss a fun way to test this.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming- Demonstration
To demonstrate this, I would like you to do the following exercise with me. You can test your unconscious mind by stating a true on untrue statement and asking yourself what number between one and ten comes up. For me I would say: Mateja and then Mary (0/10).
Now ask yourself a question and give it a number – quickly, without analyzing it:
1. How good is it for me to eat chicken today?
2. How good is it for me to eat fish today?
3. How good is it for me to go to the gym?
4. How good is it for me to wear pink today?
5. How good is for me to xy as my friend?
It is our unconscious mind’s prime directive to keep us healthy and well. You can use this technique whenever you have difficulty making decisions. I use this with my client (and myself!) at times and at other times I use muscle testing.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming-Dr. Yvonne Oswald in her book “ Every Word Has Power”
Did you know that being happy adds 10 years to your life? Wouldn’t you want to have that? Dr. Yvonne Oswald in her book “Every Word Has Power” teaches us that this is possible if we pay closer attention to our words. Since our subconscious mind does not distinguish grammar, it is better to use positive words combined with “not.” So instead of saying “I am feeling BAD today” you want to say “I am not feeling GOOD today.”
Neuro-Linguistic Programming- The subconscious
Your subconscious mind will focus on the words good and bad. If your subconscious mind hears “bad” that will be a signal that something is wrong and you may start feeling anxious, and even more sick. It sounds paradoxical, but it is true.
Some other examples include:
Instead of “sorry” you want to say “my apologies”
In place of “trying” you want to say “I am getting closer to reach my goal”
Next it’s not “I forgot” you want to use “I did not remember”
Neuro-Linguistic Programming- Using high energy words
1. Speak in the now as it had already happened (It’s easy for me to have a wonderful relationship now)
2. Whenever you are planning something you want to add a health connection (My new business is successful now because with more money in the bank I can relax more and be healthier)
3. Use the words “because” and “now” as often as you can. The conscious mind likes this because you answer the question Why.
4. Clear “don’t” from your dealings with other people. Instead of “don’t be late again” say “Please be on time”
“Clear the word “try” from your vocabulary …”
5. See “Clear words” such as “have to” or “should” or “must” come from your own “self-talk”. For example “I should go back to my reading now.” These words imply obligation and resentment.
6. Next clear the word “try” from your vocabulary – we use the word in hypnotherapy to ensure someone fails! Instead say “I am more successful every day.”
7. Also clear “but” from your vocabulary as it implies judgment. Replace it with “and”. For example instead of you did this well but you need to correct the spelling becomes “you did this well AND perhaps you can check the spelling?
8. State what something isn’t on purpose. For example, ”this is really hard” becomes “this is really not easy.”
9. Make a point of consciously using high energy words such as gratitude, laughter, kindness, love, abundance, success, and joy.
In closing thank you so very much for reading my blog! Be happy & be safe!
Working with a Licensed Psychotherapist
It is wise to work with a licensed psychotherapist, not just NLP practitioner as psychotherapist have credentials and training to work with deeper issues and will also recognize mental illness. Call TODAY 561-299-1028 for a complimentary 15 minute consultation to find more about how working with me can improve your life
Contact Mateja Petje
I offer FREE 15 minutes complimentary consultation at 561-299-1028 or you can email me at matejastriglavatgmaildotcom
Mateja Petje Website & Office Location Office: 5301 N Federal Hwy, #380, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Boca Greenhouse Building, on US 1 just N. of Yamato Rd)
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. You can check these in your browser security settings.
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Google reCaptcha Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds: