Achieving New Years Resolutions
Achieving New Years Resolutions are often difficult because they rarely stick. Have you ever thought about why this occurs and how you can make them last? As I write this it’s only 5 short days before we welcome the year 2019. Are you ready to stick to your resolutions? In the past, have you found yourself making New Year’s resolutions and after a few weeks or if you’re more determined, after a couple of months, you find yourself drifting back to old habits?
You are not alone.
Achieving New Years Resolutions with a plan
While many people have good intentions, without a solid plan, discipline, accountability, and a clear mindset, New Year’s resolutions can become a thing of the past until the next year. Don’t despair. I’m sharing a few tips to teach you how to stick to them this time around.
6 Tips to Help You Stick to Your Resolutions:
- Create S.M.A.R.T. goals. I’m sure you’ve heard these before but are you putting them into practice? Goals need to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. Here is an example. Let’s say you want to experience less anxiety and more peace in your life. You need to find a way to be specific as to what causes your anxiety. For example uncertainty at your job, finances, a relationship.
- Now using a scale of 1-10 to determine where you are and where you want to be. You also need to give yourself time to learn tools to manage anxiety and track your progress realistically. I ask my clients to record their moods daily for at least 30 days and notice thoughts that trigger anxiety or depression.
- Keep yourself accountable. If you don’t have the resources to hire a coach or a therapist, ask a friend or colleague to be your buddy. Whenever you need to report your progress or lack of it to somebody you will take your goal more seriously. This person can also help you see blind spots and encourage you when you have an off day.
- Do it daily! If you want to feel better, less anxious and more at peace you need to create healthy daily habits. Some examples are meditation, relaxation, exercise, getting enough sleep and eating nutritious food. Good nutrition is vital and consists of as an example fresh vegetables, seeds, nuts, organic and grass-fed meat/poultry. In addition ideally, you want to dedicate at least 15 minutes in the morning and in the evening to practice positive self-thinking and self-love.
Achieving New Years Resolutions & 6 Tips to Help You Stick to Your Resolutions cont’d
- Work on your limiting beliefs. Think about why you haven’t been successful before. Many times, my clients know what the issue is yet they don’t know how to stop or change. If you want to change your beliefs you need to first know what they are. Often, I hear this, “I am not good enough” or “I am a failure.” A great tool is to question your beliefs and ask yourself if they are still serving you. If not it’s time to create new ones as many were formed before age 7 when we were young children and didn’t know any better.
- Believe in yourself and never give up even when you have an off day. Create visual representations that you can see daily such as a vision board. A vision board has been my friend and over the years I have had several of them. I’m a firm believer in using them because they are powerful! My vision boards even helped me find my soulmate as well as enabling me to create a vision for my life. It’s getting closer to my dream every day. Persistence and determination go a long way.
Wishing you a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous 2019. Remember that you and only YOU are the creator of your life, so stick to it!
Don’t wait to get help when you feel stuck, stressed-out or depressed.
I’m a phone call away! 561 299 1028
Click here to visit my website and book a FREE 15 minute consultation
Mateja Petje Holistic Coaching International Natural Stress Management
Office: 5301 N Federal Hwy, #370, Boca Raton, FL 33487
(Boca Greenhouse building off Yamato & US1)
Mateja Petje offers online and distance therapy in times when you are unable to visit our office right now
We accept all Major Insurance Carriers (BCBS, Cigna, Aetna, and out-of-network)
If you can’t come to our office right now after all Mateja Petje offers online and distance therapy! Don’t wait to get better on your own. We all need help sometimes so why delay your happiness because in the final analysis your mental and physical health is priceless! However no one can motivate you to take the initiative to heal and make the first phone call but you. So please make the phone call all things considered you’re possibly in a dark place and need a fresh start!
That’s how I would define Mateja Petje of Create Her Bliss and Holistic Coaching International. I have always found her to be genuine and deeply CARING in helping others. Her journey in life has made her uniquely qualified to understand, empathize and facilitate healing.
She has both the official credentials and experience from her formal education as well as training and experience in numerous alternative methods of healing. Also, she continues to educate herself in new methodologies. This enables her to have all of the tools available for SHARING with each individual to create his/her optimal healing journey.
Now is a great time to reach out to Mateja for kind and discreet assistance. CB
The Happiness Program
Also know as the Art of Living Part 1 course, is an introduction to the world of meditation and stress free living.