Work Life Balance Secrets. Are you stressed out? Do you feel like you have no life and you end up taking care of everyone else but yourself? As women we are often trying to be the best at everything. The best mom, best wife, best daughter, best co-worker and employee and best friend.
Unfortunately, many women lose themselves in the process. The result is often resentment, being over-tired, and feeling irritable and depressed. Also, while improvements in technology have simplified many tasks, the vast majority of people have difficulty disconnecting from their cell phones, iPod, smart phones and social media.
However, don’t despair. Taking an honest look at your life is the first step to creating the life you want. A life where you will experience more joy, peace of mind, and yes, even better productivity at your work or your career. Boundaries between life and work are now more blurred than ever. However you need to figure out how to find a happy medium. There is a Zen saying: “Wherever you go, there you are.” Our level of stress has more to do with our response to events than the event or job itself.
Work Life Balance Secrets- Growing up in Europe
Growing up in Europe, I feel that I have gotten some advantage. For example I’ve learned early in life that everything cannot be just about work and no fun. Even as a 23 year old starting my career, I was entitled to a minimum of 18 paid vacation days and unlimited sick time. Things have changed with Slovenia now being a part of more capitalistic, western approach. This is due to being a part of European Union (since 2005) however those values have stayed with me.
Even though I have been working hard and have been investing in my personal and professional life. I believe SELF-CARE has always been important to me. Therefore I have been always on the lookout for ways to integrate self-care and fun in my life and have helped my clients to do the same.
Work Life Balance Secrets- Helpful suggestions
Here are some of suggestions that you can apply to your life right away:
1. Think about if your job is what you truly care about. True, in this economy it may not be as easy to find a more suitable job. Make an honest assessment and if the answer is no, create a vision of what kind of job you truly want. What kind of company do you want to work for? What are some of the most important things? Work environment? Benefits? Flexibility? Time off?
2. If you do decide you need to stay at current job, or you are a business owner, figure out what specific changes you need to make to feel happier. Do you need to have an honest conversation with your manager? Do you need to delegate more? Maybe your employer would consider having you work from home a couple of days a week?
3. Focus on the positive. If you constantly dwell on the negative, that’s how your life will look like.
Take time for yourself including breaks
4. Take breaks and especially take time for your lunch. You will be more productive by taking time to re-energize and maybe even take a walk around the block. (That includes taking a break from cell phones and iPods!)
5. Instead of dealing with stress and anxiety by consuming too many caffeinated drinks and pastries, grab fresh fruit or a fruit smoothie and some nuts.
6. Seek support. We all need times to have somebody listen to us.
Work Life Balance Secrets- Just BREATHE!
7. Just BREATHE! Adopt stress relief techniques such as yoga and guided meditation. Practice staying in the moment. When you work, focus on the tasks at hand. When you relax, just focus on that specific moment whether it is drinking a cup of tea, enjoying a sunset or playing with your children.
Thank you for taking time to visit my website & my Blog! Stay safe and be fantastic!
Contact Mateja Petje
I offer FREE 15 minutes complimentary consultation at 561-299-1028 or you can email me at matejastriglavatgmaildotcom
Mateja Petje Website & Office Location Office: 5301 N Federal Hwy, #380, Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Boca Greenhouse Building, on US 1 just N. of Yamato Rd)
Holistic Coaching International Summer Special for Online Therapy Sessions *All summer long! Save $50.00 off your next online therapy session
Pay only $99. for each online therapy session. Available now through 8/30/20
“After my mother passed away and I felt as though I was at a crossroads in my life as well as in my relationship, I sought the help of Mateja. Without pressure or judgment, she helped me come to grips with the decision I ultimately had to make and gave me tools to use in order to come to that difficult decision. She provided me with many helpful tips, tools and resources to achieve my goals in life that I will continue to use throughout my life. I learned a great deal from Mateja and her methods and am grateful I sought help from her.” ~AD
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. You can check these in your browser security settings.
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Google reCaptcha Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds: